[sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-digest V1 #160

From: RozNews@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 04:14:09 CUT

    Don writes:

    << I was in SF when Newsreel shared space with the Mime Troope and hung out
    with them when I helped start a second or third regional SDS office. Recall
    having xmas and thanksgiving holidays with them in the Haight... now if I
    could only recall the names... >>

    I have been videoing Newsreel members and just returned from California when
    I videoed histories with several Los Angeles and San Fransico Newsreel
    members. I also videoed a history with Beverly Axlerod who was the attorney
    for Eldridge Cleaver, whose book Soul on Ice is dedicated to her. She is 76
    years old and has done an amazing amount of work.

    For history sake , I am collecting stories of folks who supported the
    panthers in the sixties-seventies and some of those stories are amazing. If
    any of you out there have stories that you would like to share with the list
    or with me I would love to hear from you. my best. Roz Payne