Re: [sixties-l] Re: The Black Panthers

From: J. R. Molloy (jr@shasta.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 01:48:23 CUT

    >The reviewer claims that Cointelpro was the principal agent of the Panthers
    >destruction. Since Cointelpro was folded in 1970 and all the Panther leaders
    >-- Newton, Seale, Hilliard, Brown etc -- were involved in its
    >self-destruction, I would like to hear how the government is to be blamed for
    >this mess.

    The government was the Panthers' role model.
    The government was the biggest, baddest, most violent gang the Panthers knew.
    The government was involved in its own self-destruction, AKA "mutual assured
    destruction."
    Cointelpro simply acted as a catalyst.
    Or not. Who really cares after all these years.

    --J. R.