[sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-digest V1 #160

From: RozNews@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 04:07:41 CUT

    Don writes
    << Talk about an underground classic... even the Newsreel people didn't want
    anyone to see Ice. It remained buried for years. Where is it available
    today? >>

    Ice was not a Newsreel film it was a Robert Kramer film. Some of us in
    Newsreel worked with Robert on the film , some acted in it and some hated it.
      The film opened in NY and was reviewed in the NY Times. It was shown all
    over the country. It has always been a favorite of mine, but then again I
    love seeing my friends in the film . It is no more buried than the rest of
    Roberts films. It recently played in NY, LA, and Berkeley as part of a
    retrospective of Roberts work. Robert died in France this past year from
    meningitis.
    Check out my web site which has a description of Ice.
    www.artvt.com/p_payne.hm
    my best, roz payne