Re: [sixties-l] Glad The L's Back

From: David Smith (dls101@acadia.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 01:01:18 CUT

    Good stuff on the fifties Marty. I remember tuning into Jean Shepard on the
    radio at night with the radio right next to my ear. Then I would share his
    dialogues with friends.
    Yes, this hopefullness of the late 50's I also remember. Many of our parents
    were hopeful for change esp. an end to racism and even a hope for peace. The
    progressive people(our parents) voted in John Kennedy. I attribute my active
    participation in the movement and even my decision to join the Weathermen to
    a strong patriotism that I picked up from my parents who were avid Kennedy
    lovers. We stood for hours on a corner near our house just to see Kennedy
    drive by in his motorcade. It was a cold day but he stood up in his vehicle
    without a coat and waved to us.
    So long sixties list,
    davidel