Re: [sixties-l] "Generation" as the wrong focus

From: Michael Klonsky (mklo@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 02:41:48 CUT

    What are you saying? That babies born during the war were more patriotic that
    babies born three years later? That SDSers born before '45 (I was one) experienced
    a "high" off of the wartime unity? That those who militantly opposed the war or who
    fought in the streets in '68 were "dumping" on the country?

    I think that the escalation of the barbaric Vietnam war, witnessed through the mass
    media, combined with the failure of racial integration by the late '60, blew away
    many of the liberal illusions held by both generations.

    Mike Klonsky