Re: [sixties-l] "Generation" as the wrong focus

From: Neil Friedman (neilheart@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 01:50:01 CUT

    Of course, not all ww2 babies or baby boomers were radical or
    progressive or activist etc. But the proportion of those who were plus
    the sheer number of babies born during the periods involved DID make the
    60s movements more youthified in their membership than .....I dont know
    the right way to end the sentence. See Kenniston and Flacks and on the
    boomers Age Wave. I am not leaving out other people or arguing for some
    pristene purity of the boomers or ww2 b abies. It is a matter of
    proportionality.I would need to be convinced that the sixties movements
    were not youth-driven, youth-trooped, youth-led more than might have
    beene xpected.

    Many blessings,
    Neil
    www.neilheart.com