Re: [sixties-l] in Berkeley in the sixties

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 02:17:09 CUT

    We started an "affinity group" that consisted of about 25 people from RSU
    at UC and met weekly over dinner to plan activities. When the National
    Guard came into town, we met them with coffee and donuts (they were not the
    enemy) but the powers that be claimed (to keep us away from them) that
    someone had slipped LSD into the coffee and they were ordered not to accept
    anything from us. Our goals was to show them we were human, just like them
    and to argue the cause of People's Park against the corporations that ran
    the university.

    best, Don Monkerud