Re: [sixties-l] Re: Aoxomoxoa

From: Rainbow(Queen of infinite Space) (Linda.Kaplan@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 17:06:20 CUT

    -To: "'SIXTIES-L@lists.village.virginia.edu'"
    <SIXTIES-L@lists.village.virginia.edu>
    -Subject: [sixties-l] Re: Aoxomoxoa
    -
    -David Barlow asks about the origin of Aoxomoxoa. I seem to remember being
    -informed in the dim and distant past that the word was Aztec, Mayan or from
    -a pre-Columbian Central American language. As I say, this was way back in
    -the sixties or early seventies, and may have been at least third-hand so I
    -can't substantiate it. Anyone else.........?
    -
    -Mike Venning
    -
    -mikev@falmouth.ac.uk

    AOXOMOXOA is a palindrome, horizontally
    It is also an internal palindrome. Each letter
    is reversible internally:

    also a very cool album

    Cheers,

    Rainbow

    H L Mencken said that the United States was the
    only country to go from barbarism to decadence
    without pausing for civilization.