[sixties-l] Re: Aoxomoxoa

From: Mike Venning (mikev@falmouth.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 15:18:05 CUT

    David Barlow asks about the origin of Aoxomoxoa. I seem to remember being
    informed in the dim and distant past that the word was Aztec, Mayan or from
    a pre-Columbian Central American language. As I say, this was way back in
    the sixties or early seventies, and may have been at least third-hand so I
    can't substantiate it. Anyone else.........?

    Mike Venning

    mikev@falmouth.ac.uk