Hippie Communes

Paul Lauter (Paul.Lauter@trincoll.edu)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:04:02 -0400

I'm forwarding this from one of my students, who isn't a subscriber.
Perhaps some of you might be willing to be directly in touch with her about
communes, or would share with her useful references (though I think she's
more interested in direct experiences). 'Twasn't really my cup of tea.
paul

>From: Tanya.Clark@Mail.Trincoll.Edu
>Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:48:03 -0400 (EDT)
>To: Paul.Lauter@mail.trincoll.edu
>cc: tanya.clark@mail.trincoll.edu
>Subject: Hippie Communes
>

>Dear Prof. Lauter,
>
> I am writing in regards to our conversation the other day concerning my
>presentation on Hippie Communes for Prof. Prashads class. He would like
>my group to collect interviews or materials from people who either lived
>in a commune or who lived in the 1960's and have an opinion of what was
>happening on the communes. Your opinion would be helpful because you told
>me that you were very involved politically at this time. Please e-mail me
>with the information that you have on this subject.
> Thank you for your time,
> Tanya Clark
>tanya.clark@mail.trincoll.edu

Paul Lauter

Allan K. & Gwendolyn Miles Smith Professor of Literature
Trinity College, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
860-297-2303; fax: 860-297-5258
e-mail: paul.lauter@trincoll.edu

"You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows"