sds, ERAP, Alternative media conf. AnnArbor (multiple responses)

SIXTIES-L (SIXTIES-L@jefferson.village.virginia.edu)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 01:24:04 -0500

[1]

From: MKlo@aol.com
Subject: Re: sds, ERAP, Alternative media conf. AnnArbor

ERAP stood for Economic Research & Action Project.
Mike Klonsky
___________________________

[2]

From: "Jeff A. Hale" <privacy@rt66.com>

Roz:

I know that the White Panthers of Ann Arbor "hosted" such a conference
in the fall of 1969 (in the woods, raided at least once by riot
gear-clad police). Abbie Hoffman's "Woodstock Nation" discusses it I
believe.

One "famous" photo which came out of this was of "Pun" and Genie
Plamondon, seated on a bench outside the conference with loaded
shotguns, keeping sentry duty. It was run in many underground papers
just before Pun himself went underground (and I think made into a
poster as well).

John Sinclair, who had been very active in organizing alternative
media in Detroit/Ann Arbor ("Sun," "Fifth Estate," and "Argus") missed
the conference, due to his July, '69 incarceration -- ten years for
two joints.

Jeff Hale
The College of Santa Fe
privacy@rt66.com

[3]

From: Susan Brownmiller <sueb@echonyc.com>

Good ERAP background in Sara Evans, Personal Politics, Vintage 1980.
"Economic Research and Action Project."
Newark, Chicago, Philadelphia, Cleveland.
The Haydens, McEldowney, etc.

Evans is quite complete.