Loving v. Virginia (multiple responses)

SIXTIES-L (SIXTIES-L@jefferson.village.virginia.edu)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 22:47:58 -0500

[1]

From: Blochvt <Blochvt@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Loving v. Virginia

Well here's what I know. In the mid sixties I worked with Philph
Hirshkopf who was the attorney of record on the case and he then was
working in Alexandria VA. with I beleive Hirshkopf& Cohn. He was
smart and saw many of the implications of the case you might try the
Va. Bar assoc for his current location. He would be in his mid sixties
or early seventies..
I would be interested in what you find as Phil was also deeply
involved in the Southern Students Organizing committee also at the
time.

John Bloch
___________________________

[2]

From: "Peter W. Brush" <Brush@LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu>
Not sure what to advise, since I don't know where you have looked so
far. But a search of ProQuest using "loving v. virginia" gives 46
hits, and the same search on WorldCat in "subject" field gives 8
citations. I'd also look at Disseration Abstracts. UVM has a law
school (right?) so check the legal databases. I think you will find
plenty.

Peter Brush
History Bibliographer
Collections Development Central Library
Vanderbilt University 419 21st Avenue South
Nashville TN 37240 Telephone: 615 343 4838

[3]