Re: Re: literature of witness (2 posts)

sixties-l@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 10:17:48 -0500

(1)
From:RFertel <RFertel@aol.com>

Thanks, Kali. I had your essay from Marc's book in mind when it came to
warning them about the negative side, but I also wanted to explore what
it means to bear witness. Your other references will be a big help when
I get back. Thanks a bunch.

I'm rather a fan of the Beidler book tho' haven't read it in years.
What do you think of the Ringnalda book?

(2)
From: phil dickinson <pdickin@BGNet.bgsu.edu>

Don't know if this is what you had in mind, Randy, but Kali Tal's
recent book _World's of Hurt: Reading the Literatures of Trauma_ makes
some useful comparative analyses between Holocaust literature, fiction by
Vietnam combat veterans, and the survivors of rape/incest. Perhaps
excerpts from this would serve your purpose.

-Phil Dickinson
Dept. of English
Bowling Green State University, Ohio