BOUNCE sixties-l@localhost: Approval required:

owner-sixties-l@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:16:30 -0500

>From sixties-l-owner Thu Nov 20 16:16:24 1997
From: "Kevin Cole" <kccole@one.net>
To: <sixties-l@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU>
Subject: Re: Linking Woodstock to antiwar protest
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:15:38 -0500

Is your thesis that:

---the act of attending woodstock was in itself an expression of anti-war
opinions?
---the organizers of woodstock had as their intention to stage an anti-war
event?
---the fact that woodstock happened as it did was evidence of the anti-war
opinions of its participants?

If you are proposing one of these, the answer has to be none of the above.
The fact that many participants had anti-war opinions was accidental to
their participation. Anti-war opinions were a badge of belonging in the
summer of '69. You'd do just as well to say riding the NYC subway was
linked to anti-war protests.

--Kevin