Re: Hating the war, not the soldiers

Mark S. Goldstein (mgold@ALOHA.NET)
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 15:03:49 -1000

At 10:08 PM 8/27/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Miles,
>I'm a bit surprised that you don't see where Joe (and others of us) are
>coming from on thie usse of hating the war, but not the soldiers. hell,
>one reason we were out there was to "bring the boys home" because we (okay,
>I, it's rude for me to presume) felt that Americans should not be over
>there, and it was a tragic waste of life.

[EDIT]

>Andi

Let me put my two cents in here. Many of us were against the War and
the Warriors. "What if they gave a war and nobody came." Remember the song
Universal Soldier? We wanted "the boys" to come home, but we wanted no more
"boys" forced into involuntary servitude. How can free men be forced to
fight for freedom?
Political correctness aside, the "boys" who went with macho dreams
of "Killing the Gooks" were as guilty as the old men that sent them.
Cheers to the War Resisters, cheers to the Draft Dodgers, cheers to
those brave enoough to "Make War No More."
Mark S. Goldstein
"Everyman dies, not everyman really Lives, your
heart is Free, have the courage to follow it"
Visit Woodstock Nation Online at
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4618