RE: Vietnam -- Stories Since the War (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:09:53 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 13:32:22 -0500
From: Sue Johnson <stories@pov.org>
To: sixties@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Subject: RE: Vietnam -- Stories Since the War

Today seems a most appropriate time to announce the launch of RE:VIETNAM --
Stories Since the War.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/stories

Some of you may recall a few months back an invitation to contribute
stories to this site. Now I am happy to say that the site is up
(officially to open November 27th) and I invite you to come read stories by
friends and colleagues, add your own story, start a discussion topic and
send feedback. As of today the search engine is not fully functioning but
it should be ready within the next week.

In gathering stories, we have decided to focus on one very specific (yet
complex) question:

How has your life TODAY been affected by the Vietnam era? How are you
different as a result? How has it affected your values, your relationships,
your children or parents, your politics, your livelihood, your attitudes
towards life and death, your philosophy of life?
*What would you want your children and descendants to know about how
Vietnam affected you -- and therefore them?*

The sixties list has been a source of many ideas and encouragement and any
suggestions or ideas anyone has would be more than welcome as we will be
continuing to develop this space over the next few months.

Many Thanks-

Sue Johnson