Free Speech Movement Original Photos (2 posts)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:00:41 -0400

> From: Carl Singleton ENCS@FHSUVM.FHSU.EDU <ENCS@FHSUVM.FHSU.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Free Speech Movement Original Photos (fwd)
>
> I'm doing a book on the sixties, and I would like to make a notation about
> the "underground article" called "The Student as Nigger." Does anyone know if
> this was ever actually printed in a genuine, copyrighted source? Does anyone
> know where I can find a copy? Thanks.
>
> Carl Singleton

(1)
Sender: pdn@cunyvms1.gc.cuny.edu
Subject: Re: Free Speech Movement Original Photos (fwd)

Yes, Carl, the essay "The Student as Nigger" was printed. I would give you
the precise reference, but my copy is buried in one of my dozens of boxes
of old books. It was a paperback, and as I recall was published by a well-
known press, possibly Grove. Check with the Library of Congress.

Paul Nadler, Ph.D.

(2)
Sender: "Kathleen Rout" <rout@pilot.msu.edu>

Carl-- It was reprinted in several alternative press newspapers; their
copyright status is unknown to me. There is an Alternative Press Index that
you can check for listings..