"Underground" documentary/Attica (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Tue, 14 May 1996 11:33:27 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 00:43:03 -0800
From: Stu Shiffman and Andi Shechter <roscoe@halcyon.com>
To: sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Subject: "Underground" documentary/Attica

1) Has anyone seen the documentary done in 1975 called "Underground"? It
was filmed by Haskell Wexler and is an interview of 5 members of the
Weather Underground. Hearing those voices 20 years ago, talking about
revolution...what struck me was how young they sounded (and in 1975 I was
22) and while they were somewhat dogmatic, they showed true belief. I keep
trying to understand what made some of us go in that direction and some go
in a different one, and this helped a bit to understand.
2) During the documentary, there was mention of Attica and it reminded me
that the 25th anniversary of the ATtica rebellion is in a few months. Does
anyone know of anything being done to commemorate this event?
Andi

http://www.halcyon.com/roscoe