Re: Anti-communism

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 14:36:07 -0400

> Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 23:20:53 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Nina Daneshvar <nadanesh@ea.oac.uci.edu>
> To: sixties-l <sixties-l@jefferson.village.virginia.edu>
> Subject: Re: Need reference (anti-communism)
>
> When I was doing some research on the FBI, I came across three books that
> were written by J. Edgar Hoover about the inherent evils of communism.
> The language was very intense, and I doubt you would be able to find more
> powerful anti-communistic sentiments that the ones Hoover offers. I
> don't recall the titles of the books, but if you can't find them, I can

When I was in junior high school in the mid-1960s, we were given a
text with the title "two ways of life" by William Ebenstein [?] - the
cover featured line drawings of Lenin and Jefferson, the former with
a blood red background, making him look like the devil, while
Jefferson was set off against a saintly white background.
best...

> Nina Daneshvar
> Department of Political Science
> University of California, Irvine
> nadanesh@ea.oac.uci.edu

> End of SIXTIES-L Digest 610
> Peter Meyer Filardo, Archivist
Tamiment Institute Library, NYU
70 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012
212-998-2639 / fax 212-995-4074
{filardop@elmer1.bobst.nyu.edu}