High School Student Query: Sixties Events

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 13:11:32 -0500

From: Ken Miesmer <KennethJ@USA..NAI.NET>
Subject: re: Sixties info

my name is Maureen Miesmer, and I am a tenth grade student in
Connecticut. I am currently enrolled in a combination history/english
class, and our quarter project is a War Project. My group (three other
students are assisting me) is focusing on Vietnam and the life on the
homefronts of both the USA and Vietnam. I myself am researching life in
America- "headlines and events other than Vietnam". (our focus is how
the war was life in Vietnam, but many other things happened in America
during the same era). Thus far, I am researching the rise of feminism,
woodstock, the musical culture, the Manson murders, and the men on the
moon in 1969. I was wondering if you had any ideas on any particular
people or events (preferably specific like the Manson murders) that
would be beneficial. Please respond to: Jello37@aol.com as soon as
possible. Many thanks.
-Maureen Miesmer