Women and the anti-VN War movement (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:55:04 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:39:22 -0600 (CST)
From: KLHEIKKILA@alex.stkate.edu
To: SIXTIES@JEFFERSON.VILLAGE.VIRGINIA.EDU
Cc: KLHEIKKILA@alex.stkate.edu
Subject: Women and the anti-VN War movement

Hello.

I am beginning to do some research on the roles of women in the antiwar
movement, and am interested in what seemed to be a divergence of method and
rhetoric between such groups as Redstockings/New York Radical Women and the
earlier Women Strike for Peace activities. I was told there was a later
women's group that used rhetoric similar to WSP called Another Mother for
Peace. I am wondering if anyone can suggest any resources on Another Mother
for Peace, either secondary or primary. Suggestions as to material on the
interaction between these differing strains of women's protest would also be
welcome, as well as any material (if such exists) on the interaction between
antiwar women and "in-country" women.

Finally, I am wondering if women had any role in the formation/operation of
Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kim Heikkila
klheikkila@alex.stkate.edu