Re: Civil Rights films (multiple responses) (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Sat, 6 Jan 1996 13:52:46 -0500 (EST)

Sender: smg7@cornell.edu (S. Graw)
Subject: Re: Civil Rights films (multiple responses)

Responding to quest for Civil Rights Era films: remember Leroi Jones (Amiri
Imamu Baraka), radical chic of the time, now just another prolific talent
without Crown Books allure? One of his plays, "Dutchman," (I believe it's
one half of Baraka's two-part "The Dutchman and the Slave") exists as a
film: a two character stunner, black man, white (fey) chick on the subway.
Definitely not a token (tokin'?) effort........ sgraw
* From: Steve Graw
*
* at Cornell U./Field of Development Sociology
*
* Warren 34/ (607) 255-7684
*
* Old hippies never die, they just trip out *