Re: Civil Rights Films? [2 replies]

sixties@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 14:28:20 -0500 (EST)

[1]

Sender: epm2@Lehigh.EDU (EDWARD P. MORGAN)
Subject: Re: Civil Rights Films? [2 replies]

Nina D. asks,

>If anyone could recommend some good, controversial Civil Rights era
>movies for the group to watch and discuss, I would very much appreciate
>it. I live in Orange County, California, and not too much liberalism is
>permitted to seep in behind the orange curtain, but this newsgroup often
>saves me from the suffocating conservativism of Irvine.

Not sure if you mean movies FROM the civil rights era, or movies about the
civil rights era, but if the latter, I think the Eyes on the Prize series (all
14 1-hour videos) is unsurpassedly excellent. And I think you may be able to
get them from Blockbuster or another big commercial video place (even in
Orange County!...?)

Ted Morgan

[2]