Re: ALL Content Selection: decorative/folk arts

Robin Dowden (dowden@cais.com)
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:13:03 -0600

The NGA has approximately 350 images of objects in the Index of American
Design (total collection size 18,000). I'm checking into the availablity of
these images (they were originally produced for the Gallery's American Art
videodisc) and will get back to you when I have more information. In the
interim, if you can get a copy of the videodisc table of contents (I know
Sally Promey has one), you can browse through the 350 objects that would be
candidates.

At 09:44 PM 2/29/96 -0500, Jo Paoletti wrote:
>For courses in American material culture/archeology, it would be helpful to
have images of artifacts such as furniture, textiles, toys, and the like.
For example, the Index of American Design or similar images. For my
purposes, late 19th and 20-century materials would be especially desireable,
but others may have other needs. Non-anglo works are important, too!
>Jo Paoletti
>University of Maryland

Robin Dowden
National Gallery of Art