Research and Digital Media

From: Bethany Nowviskie (bpn2f@unix.mail.virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 14:55:22 CUT

    Please join us this Friday for the last panel in our Spring series, and
    encourage your colleagues and students to attend. -- Bethany

    > The Humanities Computing Seminar presents:
    >
    > Research and Digital Media:
    > A Panel Discussion
    >
    > Friday, 31 March 2000
    > at noon in Clemons 201
    >

    > How can graduate students and faculty use digital media to take
    > control of their research agendas and professional identities? What
    > is it like to work in electronic media within a field accustomed to
    > technological research projects? And how do such projects play out in
    > more conservative disciplines? What is the role of interdisciplinary
    > collaboration in humanities computing? And how is the end result of
    > this collaboration best described?
    >

    > Speakers:
    >
    > * Matthew Kirschenbaum, UVA English Department alumnus and Assistant
    > Professor, University of Kentucky
    >
    > * John Dobbins, UVA professor of Classical Art and Archaeology and
    > director of the Pompeii Forum project
    >
    > * John Unsworth, Department of English and director of the Institute
    > for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
    >

    > "Research and Digital Media" is the final panel in the Humanities
    > Computing Seminar's Spring series. For more information on this
    > brown-bag lunch gathering and the HCS, see our Web pages
    > (http://www.iath.virginia.edu/hcs) or contact Bethany Nowviskie
    > (bethany@virginia.edu).

                        Bethany Paige Nowviskie
               University of Virginia Department of English
         Design Editor/Senior Research Assistant, Rossetti Archive
            Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities