[hcbook] blackwells companion online

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:19:19 -0500

Assuming this email list still works, and the addresses on it still
reach contributors to the Blackwell Companion to Digital Humanities,
I'm pleased to report two new developments with the Companion. One
is that it will be bundled along with various other Blackwell titles
in an online reference package that will be licensed to libraries.
Another is that we have negotiated permission from Blackwell to put
the full text of the companion up for free (for non-commercial
purposes) on the digitalhumanities.org web site. We suppose that
none of the contributors will object to that, but if someone does,
now would be the time to let us know. We still don't have the final
word on whether they can supply us xml or pdf (or whether we will
need to produce the pdfs or xml ourselves), and there will probably
be some delay while the contract that covers this is produced, but we
think this is a very positive development, and we expect it will help
sales of the paperback version, due out in September of 2007.

John Unsworth (for Ray Siemens & Susan Schreibman)