MA on hold

From: John Unsworth (jmu2m@virginia.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 18:34:10 EST

    Folks,

    Since you've all been participating in the seminar to plan core courses for
    the MA, I thought you'd want to know that the MA is officially on hold--the
    College isn't able to make the commitment necessary to staff the program,
    under the current budget situation, so we'll be returning applications and
    cancelling the search for the Technology and Culture chair/director of the
    MA. We'll go ahead with the seminar, of course, and I'm sure that the
    program will enroll students before too long, but apparently not in the fall.

    John