Royce

From: alikee ash <gipsyjorie_at_domo-presse.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:09:26 +0900

Cascading snowflakes settle in the pines,
snoozing. A schoolgirl on vacation gapes,
Rise, to the muffled chime of churchbell choir.
Oh, I know. The snow. The effective snow
And so I gaze avidly
Wide, whited fields, a way unframed at last
Oh, I know. The snow. The effective snow
The weight of being born into exile is lifted.
XVI. Laying a Ghost: The Jeannette and the Fram
Some stubborn sprouts up through the stubble hay,
Although December's frost killed the winter crop,
Toward something that the world is pointing toward
Preface to the 1970 Edition
Bronze the sky, with no
Partly stone, partly the absence of stone,
Stars, the last day, endless and centerless,
I might have happily lived some other childhood.
Partly stone, partly the absence of stone,
Nor, indeed, the bit of paint itself can know of.

picture