The study is considered important because it means that blank-slate embryonic stem cells could be introduced directly to damaged heart tissue to repair heart muscle and blood vessels.

From: Newman A. Janet <qjwx_at_onsphere.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 00:20:44 +0200

orgIn the few hours since the program aired, we've seen two new members of The Three Hundred and a number of smaller donations, as well as offers to volunteer - so I think it's working. Unlike other stem-cell therapies, which make use of bone marrow or - more controversially in the U.
Future technologies for resuscitation can be envisioned that involve molecular repair by nanomedicine, highly advanced computation, detailed control of cell growth, and tissue regeneration. advances against one disease, like heart disease, raise the value of progress against other age-related ailments, such as cancer . You can do the math based on your age and the predictions of futurists to see where this might get you.
" So it looks like mouse longevity experiments with reduced SIRT1 are in our future.
In trying to regenerate cartilage, we're very far along. The project team hopes that state of the art technologies can be used to modify the T-cells, to hunt down and destroy cancer tumours.
It appears that the body tries to protect itself by producing KDI, but in most cases it is not able to produce enough KDI on its own to stop the damage.
We believe that p53 is part of the caloric restriction life span extension pathway.
Even though yeast is a simple, single-cell organism, it's still capable of revealing mechanisms in the aging process.
You can put multifunctional particles on it, like an aircraft carrier transports choppers and planes. I wouldn't go so far as to say I can't wait, but I'm certainly not worried about getting old.
However, empirical evidence does not consistently support this hypothesis. We're working with mice and human cells now and are already starting to see the same response. Forward it on, or post a copy to your favorite online communities. This means it should be 'springy' enough to work in a knee joint. This finding suggests that lin-4 influences lifespan through the insulin signaling system . advances against one disease, like heart disease, raise the value of progress against other age-related ailments, such as cancer .
worms lacking the lin-4 gene died prematurely. We know it only takes one critically short telomere to make a cell die, so it's clear that the more really short telomeres a person has the faster problems will develop.
Now, we've engineered a genetic switch in a novel gene transfer vector that will overcome those barriers and set the stage to allow the next phase of research to occur. Encourage the people you know to pitch in and make a difference to the future of health and longevity!
After several weeks, he got some, not very much, but got better. You can help to make therapies for aging and life extension medicine a reality. Given just the size and life span of whales, to pick one example, it would appear that there is room for sizeable improvement to human biochemistry in terms of resisting age-related decline.
I cannot imagine seeing that in the mainstream media even just a few years ago.
There is however one general issue related to SENS that keeps bothering me: the escape velocity. Individual cancers are going to fall one by one by targeting the molecular abnormalities that underlie them. It also explains why worms, rats and mice placed on low-calorie diets tended to live longer .
That plateau is at a high chance of dying each year, of course, but it raises questions regarding how and why age-related degeneration happens.
The patients were brought in at a critical stage when they were beyond bypass surgery and could have survived only with a transplant . Further work may provide insight into the processes of aging itself. Meanwhile a second method, which is already in clinical trials in people with muscular dystrophy, uses antibodies to disable the protein.

Latin.gif