Ms Short alleged in the Independent newspaper that normal Whitehall procedures had been breached in the way Dr Kelly was unmasked, triggering the events leading to his apparent suicide, she said.

From: Lesley I. Nicholson <asup_at_plottertek.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:18:30 +0200

In the future, the government will publish, among other measures, data on regional prices and inflation, to make the UK "the most employment friendly country in the world".
Most traders and shops already accept the euro and many of our ATMs dispense euros, so why not make it official, or at least use Northern Ireland as a pilot study?
And he suggests more regionally varying pay rates.
Give the British public the facts and let them decide on the facts, not on who can shout the loudest.
"A Labour Party seeking re-election would be deeply divided in a referendum, while the Tories would be handed the bonus of a campaign in tune with the majority of British voters.
1999: Stage three of EMU: The euro is launched as an electronic currency used by banks, foreign exchange dealers, big firms and stock markets. In addition, because interest rates tend to be lower in the euro zone, homeowners could face smaller mortgage bills.
For the incoming government it would at least get the issue sorted once and for all.
But those in favour of the currency could point you to others who back the euro. You can't just have the advantages without sharing the risks, too!
FAUN Municipal Vehicles on the Welsh Development's Bryn Cefni industrial park in Llangefni announced the redundancies on Monday.
But he warned that joining at the wrong time could see unemployment rise, see cuts in public service spending and stall economic growth.
The event came the day after Mr Brown told the Commons that the government felt the time was not right for the UK to join the euro. "Business doesn't like uncertainty, and this just prolongs the uncertainty. A final consideration is that some features peculiar to the British economy could be affected by the move to the euro. "We have not backed off any decision in relation to the single currency.
BBC News Online explains. But he warned that joining at the wrong time could see unemployment rise, see cuts in public service spending and stall economic growth. And even if he did that overnight, there still has to be a four month gap between a positive assessment and a referendum.
The only thing that would be worse than delay would be a decision not to go in at all.
I believe it should be left up to the financial and economic brains to make the decision - not the politicians. Should there be a referendum on the issue? Most traders and shops already accept the euro and many of our ATMs dispense euros, so why not make it official, or at least use Northern Ireland as a pilot study? But he says Mr Blair - who is to hold his monthly news conference on Wednesday - should not be distracted from his long term aim of joining the single currency.
Most commentators don't expect a referendum until now at least.
"He should have said - for the sake of argument - that there will be no more of this 'yes euro, no euro' stuff," he told BBC News Online.
"That is, should we continue to run our economic affairs or be managed by people in Brussels?
But Professor Marris' figures are an estimate of intangible future gains possibly foregone, rather than existing advantages eliminated. Neither the pro- nor anti- camps are short of evidence to support their case on any of the tests. What about incomes, pensions, mortgages and the profits of businesses for example?
It claimed visa difficulties were to blame for the decision, but it could be the start of more retaliatory action by the Chinese.
It makes sense to ask if joining means prosperity for the UK.
It makes no mention that the pound would be replaced if people vote 'yes'.

defensive.gif