Research will be delayed, or more likely never happen.

From: Cabrera W. Archibald <umz_at_the-johnsons.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:57:10 +0200

net is carrying a sympathetic, informative article on Alcor, centering around the recent high-profile cryonic suspension of Ted Williams.
"According to traditional medical advances, we are clearly going to live longer and longer and longer" said Austad.
I have expanded my definition of "life extension" to include activism and support for anti-aging and regenerative medical research.
As I pointed out above, there is no ACT UP for life extension at the present time.
Yes, calorie restriction is mentioned often.
We hope that you approve of our new look.
Introduce someone to the Immortality Institute.
Some valid points are made in the article, and all are worth remembering.
Remind your friends that the US government is trying to legislate away the medicine they will need for a healthy future. We live in interesting times indeed. We see wonderful announcements in the press a lot these days, but it's important to remember that it takes years of hard work for treatments to be made available.
This cropped up as a couple of throwaway lines in many, many articles.
Life extension is a matter of life and death, after all: things don't get much more fundamental and serious than that.
In a comparatively short few years, AIDS moved from obscure disease to the center of media attention. People seem to think that this one is important, a big step ahead. Explore the CR Society site once you've looked at the conference information.
There is a wealth of disorganized, fragmentary, contradictory opinion and research.
Today cancer, tomorrow Alzheimer's! It's downright primitive, when you stop to think about it, that people still have to suffer like this. Austad's presentation to the President's Council on Bioethics on increasing human longevity. It's worth remembering that we must stay healthy in order to benefit from future anti-aging and regenerative medicine!
As I mentioned in a previous posting, Okinawan pseudo-calorie-restriction traditions may play a large role in their longevity. It's a paper on life extension technologies and techniques.
Life extension is a matter of life and death, after all: things don't get much more fundamental and serious than that.
comBetterhumans is running articles on radical life extension this week, including Why Physical Immortality?
Jackson's not big on dying.
My own personal definition has become inclusive of more than just managing present health, taking supplements and practicing calorie restriction. Cancer Vaccines: Hype or Hope?
Yes, calorie restriction is mentioned often. That doesn't sound enticing at all.
Being overweight will shorten your life. The ban will be an entirely intentional side effect of a bill that supposedly deals with reproductive technology.
Cancer research is a medical success story in the making.
It should prove to be an good conference for those interested in life extension, future medicine and possible regulation of the same. phpEurekAlert talks about research recommending exercise in older women to get rid of intra-abdominal fat.

see.gif