carried to

From: violette garcia <conningtonxyt_at_icsweb.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 06:42:59 -1000

That's true, Mr --Mr.
--Demon, said the boy.
Excuse me if I don't get your name right, but I understood you to say you are a demon Certainly, The Demon of Electricity.
But electricity is a good thing, you know, and--and-- Well? I've always understood that demons were bad things, added Rob, boldly.
Not necessarily, returned his visitor.
If you will take the trouble to consult your dictionary, you will find that demons may be either good or bad, like any other class of beings, Originally all demons were good, yet of late years people have come to consider all demons evil.
I do not know why.
Should you read Hesiod you will find he says: 'Soon was a world of holy demons made, Aerial spirits, by great Jove designed To be on earth the guardians of mankind ' But Jove was himself a myth, objected Rob, who had been studying mythology.
The Demon shrugged his shoulders, Then take the words of Mr.
Shakespeare, to whom you all defer, he replied.
Do you not remember that he says: 'Thy demon (that's thy spirit which keeps thee) is Noble, courageous, high, unmatchable.
' Oh, if Shakespeare says it, that's all right, answered the boy, But it seems you're more like a genius, for you answer the summons of the Master Key of Electricity in the same way Aladdin's genius answered the rubbing of the lamp To be sure.

whuywmecbo.gif