end something,

From: marti stanley <abigaylefoxxeuos_at_love.rks.kr.ua>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:20:21 +0100

Guessed right the first time, answered the boy, and drawing his Character Marking spectacles from his pocket, he put them on and stared at the minister in turn Upon the man's forehead appeared the letter E.
Your Majesty, said Rob, I have here another queer invention.
Will you please wear these spectacles for a few moments? The king at once put them on They are called Character Markers, continued the boy, because the lenses catch and concentrate the character vibrations radiating from every human individual and reflect the true character of the person upon his forehead, If a letter 'G' appears, you may be sure his disposition is good; if his forehead is marked with an 'E' his character is evil, and you must beware of treachery.
The king saw the E plainly marked upon his minister's forehead, but he said nothing except Thank you, and returned the spectacles to Rob.
But the minister, who from the first had been ill at ease, now became positively angry.
Do not believe him, your Majesty! he cried, It is a trick, and meant to deceive you.
I did not accuse you, answered the king, sternly.
Then he added: I wish to be alone with this young gentleman The minister left the room with an anxious face and hanging head.
Now, said Rob, let's look over the record of the past day and see if that fellow has been up to any mischief, He turned the cylinder of the Record to England, and slowly the events of the last twenty-four hours were reproduced, one after the other, upon the polished plate.
Before long the king uttered an exclamation.
The Record pictured a small room in which were seated three gentlemen engaged in earnest conversation.
One of them was the accused minister, Those men, said the king in a low voice, while he pointed out the other two, are my avowed enemies This is proof that your wonderful spectacles indicated my minister's character with perfect truth.

heytuxibkuvuax.gif