self-discipline

From: Christopher Gregg <vyejr_at_perplexcity.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:06:42 +0800

And even better than those, which were mostly developed after-the-fact at the errata stage, are the hundreds of RDF and OWL tests that were developed concurrent with the Recommendations.
And even better than those tests, where the evaluation is done manually, are the thousands of automated tests for XML. It helps create better specifications by raising and discussing technical issues, by reviewing materials, by providing fresh input. The popular implementations of HTML have never matched the DTD, and even the DTD isn't keeping up with XHTML specifications, let alone SVG or RDF. It is important, not only for developers who will try to implement the language, but also as a sanity check for the specification itself. If a test case for a particular feature is difficult to conceive, it often means that the feature is too complex, or that the prose describing the feature is too ambiguous.
If we identify a discussion that would make a good contribution for the wiki, we might ask the person to prepare a contribution for the weblog. At the time of the publication, it was mentionned that a schema could be useful to help implementers to use it in their tools.
And no way to have an overview of the quality checking of the web page.
Similarly, how can software developers better determine the correctness of the software they are creating? We are testing a prototype internally, and will make it public in the days or weeks to come.
I know all sorts of stuff about URIs and Web Architecture, but I have a lot to learn about how bank web sites are designed and built before URIs work like I want them to.
What software is safe?
it helps harmonization of vocabulary accross specifications and maintains regularity. This is officially owned by the QA IG, although the policies for writing in it aren't well defined yet.
We wanted to see how the community would react, but anyone can talk about it or advertize it. The popular implementations of HTML have never matched the DTD, and even the DTD isn't keeping up with XHTML specifications, let alone SVG or RDF.
Instead, tools are still broken years after problems are reported.
it helps harmonization of vocabulary accross specifications and maintains regularity.
But too often, that process just doesn't converge.
It is important, not only for developers who will try to implement the language, but also as a sanity check for the specification itself.
This has its own limits and issues but gives a good starting point.
I know all sorts of stuff about URIs and Web Architecture, but I have a lot to learn about how bank web sites are designed and built before URIs work like I want them to. But do we stand by our own criterias of quality? On the basis of this test case and its implementation, the specification prose will be written.
But do we stand by our own criterias of quality? If a test case for a particular feature is difficult to conceive, it often means that the feature is too complex, or that the prose describing the feature is too ambiguous. People can voice their disagreement, pushing their issues.
What software is secure? We may receive an email or read a news which raises an interesting question to be develop in a longer post.
We think there should be a tool to gather observations made on a single document by various validators and quality checkers, and summarize all of that neatly for the user.
After discussion in the QA Team, we thought about developing a Weblog for the QA home page.
These questions take on additional weight when considered with respect to the security or the safety of the product in question. Having a summary of all discussions which have been done for this specific topic would be very useful and could serve as a QA Findings.
The document defines a minimal set of metadata elements that can usefully be applied to tests that are intended for publication within a test suite. When there will be issues which seems more difficult to overcome, we will explain the solution we have found and adopted to solve them. Upcoming accessibility and markup specifications fail on both counts.

reprove.gif