critically

From: Herbert Brown <xuhfkn_at_preciseprint.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:08:21 +0800

I think that your 'trust radar' is right on target and that you have very reason to be vigilant and deeply concerned.
As long as the root problem of the marital infidelity is not dealt with your depression and sadness is not likely to get any better. I don't have the answer to that, but you do.
I agree with you that infidelity is infidelity, whether it's online or in real life. You can't do anything about his behaviors, but you can learn to set boundaries and limits as to what you will and will not accept in your relationship.
He has this fantasy with other women. I used to be able to read all the emails and chats he had but now he denies this to me.
I am just so sad and I am finding myself rather more depressed as time goes on.
I am not a fan of medicating unless it is the last resort.
I really love him, I believe in our marriage and making it work. It's going to depend on how much he values your marriage and is willing to change.
He has this fantasy with other women.
I find myself being rather harder on my oldest, not understanding why. Some deeper digging is needed Anonymous, and I hope that you are able to commit to the process.
But who is truly 'deserving' of anything? The problem is him and his actions. It sounds like your husband would also benefit from some individual counseling if he'd agree to that.
You're the only one who can act on your behalf there.
The desire to help other children at that age usually manifests itself in a genuine mentoring and care-taking attitude towards those younger children, a desire to help and not harm. You're the only one who can act on your behalf there.
I think it has something to do with the fact that I am so sad and depressed about my problems with my marriage that I almost take it out on him.
This isn't the first time we have had this problem. But who is truly 'deserving' of anything?
There are many men and women in your situation who are trying to navigate the waters of online infidelity.
But again, that is up to him.
You're the only one who can act on your behalf there.

covenant.gif