press conference

From: Caspar Charles <gdh_at_accessinterpreters.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:11:02 +0300

I wanted to make sure I had a secure edge to hold onto this time.
We thanked the neighbors for letting us check the place out, told them about our website, and gave them a sticker.
I was honestly that scared, and I'm not someone who scares easily.
The wall led right up to a small bridge that crossed the creek directly in front of the schoolhouse. There were pins scattered at the ends of the lanes, although they were mostly cracked or broken, as well as the occasional bowling ball. I started making my way down the ladder as quick as I could, and the rungs again cracked and bent underneath me, just a hair away from breaking altogether. As the person got closer, I could tell from the baggy clothes that the person, a guy, was definitely no cop. We creeped around a little bit and came to a wet area surrounding a grate in the floor.
From there, we wandered around a bit until we came to another set of escalators going up.
But, as we were leaving, we watched a cop drive over to where we'd had it hidden in the bushes. I wanted to make sure I had a secure edge to hold onto this time.
Louis guys had found that seemed to have a flooded underground chamber underneath it.
The bridge was begging to be explored, but there was absolutely no way to walk across it without being seen by everyone in the area.
I just went for what instintively seemed safest, and that was to try and go up to the next rung and grab the top of the smokestack, which was just a couple feet out of my reach. The only thing really missing was the seats in front of the lanes and the pin-setting machines. Sometimes, to get from one section of floor to the other, we would have to force open another rusty door, although we weren't damaging them.
I noticed someone walking along the outside of the mall.
Thankfully, the natives were friendly.
It wasn't a basement, because the walls were natural rock and the chamber looked to be manmade and mined out. We walked on past it a ways until we came to a small bridge spanning a dry creek.
It didn't appear that there was an actual level lower than that basement.
It probably wouldn't have amounted to anything, but in the dark they wouldn't be able to tell us from cops or anyone else and I wasn't itching to find out how they'd react.
From there, we wandered around a bit until we came to another set of escalators going up.
I had to shimmy down a large pipe so that I could drop down into the tunnel. I was immediately worried, but I thought maybe it was just a rent-a-cop walking patrol or something. It was large compared to the others with two stories, and it was either a department store or a clothing store. While we were talking, Chris mentioned about a building next door that was supposed to have some kind of sub-basement in it. I wanted to make sure I had a secure edge to hold onto this time.

electron.gif