Welcome!

From: Martha Nell Smith (Martha_Nell_Smith@umail.umd.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 17:47:15 CUT

    dear comrades--i'm so delighted to see y'all on board, as it were. WELCOME!

    and marcy, yes you do speak for me:

    Note from your list manager: you don't have to be a "scholar" to appreciate
    ED or to contribute knowledge. I can't speak for MN, of course, but I think
    it's fair to say that we hope the DEA will of interest to academics and
    non-academics, that folks who just love ED's poetry will come to the archives
    and delve in and enjoy themselves. I think it's important that we make sure
    we're accessible to non-academics especially, so that we really are able to
    reach a wide audience. The more the merrier! (and maybe the nonacademics will
    love the DEA so much that the millionaires among them will dig deep into their
    pockets and send money to the Evergreens project!! ;) )

    one of the projects of the DEA for this semester is to begin building a
    virtual
    Homestead and a virtual Evergreens. we are beginning with ED's bedroom in the
    Homestead and with the dining room or parlor of the Evergreens.

    my best to each & all,
    mn

    Marcy L. Tanter
    Assistant Professor of English