21.308 new publications: Telos 140; Language as an Open System

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:27:59 +0100

  www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

   [1] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk> (50)
         Subject: Telos 140

   [2] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk> (69)
         Subject: Language as an Open System, ed. Fehr and Kouba

         Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:17:42 +0100
         From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>

From: Telos Press
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:00:19 -0400

October 15, 2007

Dear Friends of Telos,

Our Fall issue (#140) has just appeared, a
special issue on Peter Szondi and Critical
Hermeneutics. This is a first in the
English-speaking world. Szondi was a defining
figure in German literary criticism, especially
during the 1960s, and his work is currently
undergoing an exciting rediscovery on both sides
of the Atlantic. I have posted the Introduction
on our website, <http://www.telospress.com/>http://www.telospress.com .

Our book line continues to grow. Jean-Claude
Paye's Global War on Liberty is the most
comprehensive account of the expanding network of
security and surveillance that threatens civil
liberties everywhere. Our new translation of Carl
Schmitt's Theory of the Partisan has added an
important dimension to current political debate.
And on November 1, we will proudly present
Matthias K=FCntzel's Jihad and Jew-Hatred:
Islamism, Nazism and the Roots of 9/11, with an
introduction by Jeffrey Herf. This book=ADa
translation from the German with considerable
expansion=ADpoints to the central role of
antisemitism in the jihadist ideology behind contemporary terrorism.

Next year, not only will we be going online
through cooperation with HighWire Press, but we
will also celebrate our fortieth anniversary!
We've been at it since May of 1968. To recognize
this milestone, we will publish an anthology of
the writings of Paul Piccone, founder and
long-time editor of Telos. We will also offer a
free print subscription to the journal along with
purchase of the anthology. Watch our website for more details.

And our next issues are already in the works.
Upcoming themes: environmentalism, terrorism, a
special issue on Carl Schmitt, the legacy of
1968, Latin America, and more. Stay tuned.

Best wishes,

Russell A. Berman
Editor

--
<http://www.telospress.com/>
Willard McCarty | Professor of Humanities