21.272 CS and the humanities

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:42:14 +0100

  www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

   [1] From: Andreas Aschenbrenner <aschenbrenner_at_sub.uni- (39)
                 goettingen.de>
         Subject: Re: 21.267 CS and the humanities?

   [2] From: Michael Norton <nortonml_at_jmu.edu> (73)

         Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:25:24 +0100
         From: Andreas Aschenbrenner <aschenbrenner_at_sub.uni-goettingen.de>

Dear Mr McCarty,

just a very brief note, since it is a cheeky self-reference:
TextGrid - www.textgrid.de

... we are the German grid/humanities project and attempt to employ
grid technologies for scholars in the humanities. we are 4 technical
partners and 4 from literature and language.
first step: (a) a virtual archive / trusted repository, and (b) an
extensible tool network for text-based scientific work. based on grid
technology.

I'm sure you know Tobias Blanke at the Arts and Humanities e-Science
Support Centre (AHeSSC, KCL) - he'd be able to give you a host of
exciting references for the UK ...

greetings,
andi

Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty