20.331 new on WWW: MITH podcasting; Ubiquity 7.46

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:35:31 +0000

  www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

   [1] From: "Matt Kirschenbaum" <mkirschenbaum_at_gmail.com> (34)
         Subject: MITH Podcasting Now Live!

   [2] From: ubiquity <ubiquity_at_HQ.ACM.ORG> (11)
         Subject: Ubiquity 7.46

         Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 07:55:57 +0000
         From: "Matt Kirschenbaum" <mkirschenbaum_at_gmail.com>

MITH is pleased to announce that we have begun regular Podcasting of
our popular Digital Dialogues seminar series:

http://www.mith2.umd.edu/programs/digitaldialogue/podcasts.php

We have three Podcasts from recent Digital Dialogues already
available, including talks by Rice University's Chuck Henry on
scholarly electronic publishing, Brown's Vika Zafrin on collaboration
in the digital humanities, and game studies from internationally
renowned media theorist and author Stuart Moulthrop.

A "Podcast" is an MP3 digital audio recording. You can access and
listen to them in a variety of ways. First, by going to the URL above
and clicking on the session you want to hear, the MP3 audio file will
open and play using your browser's standard audio plug-in. You can
also subscribe to an RSS feed of the Digital Dialgoues Podcast right
from MITH's front page (http://www.mith2.umd.edu/). Simply click on
the buttons for the RSS options as they appear at the bottom of the
right-hand column. (Firefox users can also click the orange radio wave
icon that appears in their address bar.) Subscribing to the RSS feed
means you will automatically receive new Podcasts as they become
available through your RSS reader, and you can also synch them to your
portable music player to hear Digital Dialogues on the go.

We plan to make this a regular feature of Digital Dialogues, pending
the approval of individual speakers. Of course you'll still have to
come to MITH Tuesday's at 12:30 to see any visuals associated with a
talk, participate in the conversation, and share some of our coffee
and cookies. Enjoy!

--
Matthew Kirschenbaum
Assistant Professor of English