19.440 Latin podcasting continued

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:53:16 +0000

                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

         Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:51:09 +0000
         From: Ross Scaife <scaife_at_gmail.com>
         Subject: Re: 19.439 new on WWW: Latin podcasting

Thanks for the plug, Willard. Your note to Humanist about our
podcasting experiment came out just as we were moving the server from
one machine to another, so some people may have been unable to
connect. Should be fine now though, I hope. And you should now be
able to see a total of 22 recordings via your RSS reader or in your
iTunes. William has replaced many of the first ones we did, so you
may want to delete those and download again. I'd say the best so far
are the most recent

Erasmus, Echo. (William du Cass=E9 and Milena Minkova)
Erasmus, Abbatis et Eruditae. (William du Cass=E9 and Erika Peck)
Erasmus, Adolescentis et Scorti. (William du Cass=E9 and Jessica McCormack)
Vives, Prima Salutatio. (William du Cass=E9, Antoine Haaker, and Jessica
McCormack)

but we are learning as we go, and we appreciate any and all feedback.

The RSS feed again:

http://www.stoa.org/colloquia/podcasts/channel-01.xml

Ross Scaife
University of Kentucky

On 11/24/05, Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty
<willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>) <willard_at_lists.village.virginia.edu>
wrote:
> Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 19, No. 439.
> Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London
> www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
> www.princeton.edu/humanist/
> Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu
>

> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:18:34 +0000
> From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
> >
> Those here into podcasting will, I am sure, be delighted to learn of
> the Stoa's Latin podcasting experiment, http://www.stoa.org/?p=3D250,=
  where
> you will find instructions for plugging the relevant URL into your
> copy of iTunes, from which, if you wish, spoken Latin may be
> downloaded to your iPod, for suitably uplifting enjoyment on public
> transport etc. (Observer, noticing the expression of rapt concentration:
> "Say, what *are* you listening to?" You, delighted to be asked:
> "Oh, just an introduction in Latin to a podcasting experiment....")
>
> So far there's only the Prima Salutatio of 3 minutes
> 21 seconds, but more is promised. As someone who once listened to
> casette tapes of spoken ancient Greek while walking to work, I
> thoroughly approve of this project and eagerly await readings of
> Catullus, Ovid, Cicero and others. Something=20
worthy of our Finnish colleagues!