18.469 jobs in humanities computing

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:38:45 +0000

                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

         Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:18:35 +0000
         From: sramsay_at_uga.edu
         Subject: job info

Dear All,

My name is Stephen Ramsay, and I am both a member of the ACH Executive
Council and the Chair of the Employment Committee for the ACH.

The committee maintains the ACH Jobs Database
(http://maple.cc.kcl.ac.uk/ach_jobs/) -- a service intended both for
job seekers and for those offering positions in humanities
computing. We keep this database updated by monitoring this list,
as well as a few others.

It is the committee's desire to make this database as broadly
reflective of the employment landscape in humanities computing as
possible. We understand relevant employment in our discipline to
include not only traditional academic employment, but work in
libraries, museums, industry, and other fields requiring knowledge
of materials and methods related to both technology and humanistic
inquiry.

As part of our continuing effort to make our ourselves more useful
to the community we serve, we'd like to hear from the subscribers to
humanist about the various sources they use for finding out about
jobs -- in particular, email listservs that the members of the
committee can monitor regularly for job postings. Where do you go
for information about jobs? Is it the sort of thing that we could
keep track of easily?

You can feel free to respond directly to me offlist
(sramsay{at}uga{dot}edu), but I suspect that your answers to the
question might provide us all with a healthy look at the depth and
breadth of our discipline, and as such, may be of general interest
to readers of humanist.

If you are a member of ACH and have suggestions for how the
Employment Committee can better serve you, please do contact me
directly. We are always interested in hearing from you.

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Assistant Professor