18.045 J. K. Rowling's address?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 02:07:47 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:03:18 +0100
             From: "Yuri Tambovtsev" <yutamb@mail.cis.ru>
             Subject: how to get the address of J. K. Rowling?

    Dear HumanistList colleagues, I wonder if you could advise us? We wrote an
    article on the material of the book by Joan K. Rowling "Harry Potter and
    the Chamber of Secrets". Actually, we wrote out all the sentences with
    various functions of the Gerund, Participle 1 and Verbal Noun from the
    text. We defined 6 functions of the Gerund: 1) gerund as subject; 2) gerund
    as part of the predicate; 3) gerund as an attribute in preposition to noun;
    4) gerund as an attribute in postposition to noun; 5) gerund as an adverb;
    6) gerund as an object. Some 5 functions were defined for the Participle 1:
    1) participle 1 as part of the complex object; 2) participle 1 as the part
    of predicate; 3) participle 1 as an attribute in preposition to noun; 4)
    participle 1 as an attribute in postposition to noun; 5) participle 1 as an
    adverb. Then, we counted the usage of the Gerund, Participle 1 and Verbal
    Noun in the text sample of ten thousand words. The number of occurrences of
    the chosen features of the text of Joan K. Rowling was compared to the
    number of the analogical functions of the Gerund, Participle 1 and Verbal
    noun of the texts of 16 British and American writers. We used the standard
    "chi-criterion" test to check the similarity in the frequencies of these
    functions. In this way the similarity between Joan K. Rowling and the 16
    authers was found out. I wonder if Joan K. Rowling may be interested to
    know what British or American writer is most similar to her style from this
    point of view? Unforfunately, I do not know how to send our results to her.
    May be, a sort of an open letter would be all right if published in some
    British or American newspaper? I don't know the way out. This is why, I'm
    looking forward to your advice to
    <mailto:yutamb@hotmail.com>yutamb@hotmail.com Be well, remain yours
    sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk Pedagogical university, Novosibirsk,
    Russia <mailto:yutamb@hotmail.com>yutamb@hotmail.com