18.038 hiatus for Humanist

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 02:47:58 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:38:25 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: haitus

    Dear colleagues,

    Humanist will be in the capable hands of our Assistant Editor from 19 June
    to 5 July, then fall silent from ca 5-15 July. I'll be in mostly remote
    parts (where the big towns boast of how long they've had e-mail), then busy
    with a conference), and David Gants will be travelling as well during the
    latter period. It seems better to me for us all to put up with a bit of
    silence rather than to rejig Humanist so that postings are automatically
    distributed, given what automated evil is virtually afoot these days.
    Postings sent to the usual places will be kept, but as usual, the level of
    spam at my end is so great that you need to keep a sharp eye on the fate of
    anything you send. (I get an average of 244 messages/day, of which 90% are
    classified as spam.) I do not ignore e-mail from members of Humanist or
    deep-six it, ever.

    Yours,
    WM

    [NB: If you do not receive a reply within 24 hours please resend]
    Dr Willard McCarty | Senior Lecturer | Centre for Computing in the
    Humanities | King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS || +44 (0)20
    7848-2784 fax: -2980 || willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk
    www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/wlm/