17.774 a brief history of humanities computing

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 16:59:07 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 06:55:29 +0100
             From: Alun Edwards <alun.edwards@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
             Subject: Re: 17.772 a brief history of humanities computing

    At Humbul we have followed this thread with intense interest. Humbul does
    indeed have a Humanities Computing top-level subject,
    http://www.humbul.ac.uk/humanities-it/ , which we could be your first port
    of call, both for searching for resources or for suggesting new resources
    for Humbul to catalogue. There is a Suggest a Resource link on every page
    in Humbul.

    Humbul will catalogue any online humanities computing resources that comply
    with our collections development policy and I would like to suggest that we
    would draw together records around a topical theme like the history of
    humanities computing, (for recent examples take a look at
    http://www.humbul.ac.uk/topics/ ). Humbul topics can take different forms
    but they share the common goal of drawing connections between resources -
    often connections that no single search on Humbul could replicate.

    With regards, Alun

    Alun Edwards
    Information Officer
    Humbul Humanities Hub