17.691 studies of beginnings & endings of words?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 03:13:58 EST

<x-flowed>
                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

         Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:11:43 +0000
         From: "Yuri Tambovtsev" <yutamb@mail.cis.ru>
         Subject: beginnings-endings of the word in world languages

Dear Humanist Discussion Group colleagues, I'm studying the frequency of
occurrence of sounds (phonemes) at the beginning and end of the word in
different world languages now. I wonder if you can tell me who studies it
and where it is published. In many Turkic languages the frequency of some
groups of consonants and vowels is quite different at the beginning and end
of the word. So far, I have studied Turkish, Tatar-Baraba, Tatar-Kazan',
Uyghur, Jukut, Bashkir and Turkmen. I'm going to compare their data to the
languages of TUngus-Manchurian and Mongolian family. All of them to
Japanese and Korean or Chinese. I wonder if the data on the languages
mentioned above have been published? Looking forward to hearing from you to
<mailto:yutamb@hotmail.com>yutamb@hotmail.com Remain yours sincerely and
hopefully Yuri Tambovtsev
</x-flowed>