17.677 conferences

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 04:05:26 EST

<x-flowed>
                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

   [1] From: <dgants@rogers.com> (42)
         Subject: Third CFP: Combining Shallow and Deep Processing for
                 NLP (ESSLLI 2004)

   [2] From: "WEDELMUSIC" <wedelmusic@moods.dsi.unifi.it> (162)
         Subject: Int. Conf. on WEB Delivering of Music, WEDELMUSIC
                 2004, Barcelona, Spain

         Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:56:35 +0000
         From: <dgants@rogers.com>
         Subject: Third CFP: Combining Shallow and Deep Processing for NLP
(ESSLLI 2004)

> ESSLLI 2004 Workshop
> on
> Combining Shallow and Deep Processing for NLP
> http://www.bultreebank.org/ComShaDeP
> 9th to 13th of August, 2004
>
> A workshop held as part of the
> Sixteenth European Summer School in Logic, Language and
> Information (ESSLLI-2004)
> http://esslli2004.loria.fr
> 9th to 20th of August, Nancy, France
>

> Workshop Organizers:
>
> Erhard Hinrichs (University of Tuebingen)
> and
> Kiril Simov (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences)
>
> Workshop Purpose:
>
> Up until recently shallow and deep approaches to natural language
> processing were largely considered complementary, if not rival,
> paradigms in computational linguistics, serving different
> purposes and each facing their own limitations. Due to recent
> advances in statistical methods and machine learning approaches
> for NLP and in efficient processing algorithms for high-level
> grammar formalisms, there are now highly promising attempts to
> combine shallow and deep processing techniques: e.g. using
> part-of-speech tagging and/or chunk parsing as pre-processing
> steps for constraint-based parsing or for memory-based parsing.
> The workshop aims to provide a forum for advanced PhD students
> and researchers to present and discuss their work with colleagues
> and researchers who work in the broad subject areas represented
> at ESSLLI. While papers can be submitted by researchers at any
> rank, we particularly encourage submissions by junior researchers
> and PhD students.

[material deleted]

         Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:02:50 +0000
         From: "WEDELMUSIC" <wedelmusic@moods.dsi.unifi.it>
         Subject: Int. Conf. on WEB Delivering of Music, WEDELMUSIC 2004,
Barcelona, Spain

The topics of this e-mail are:

Call for Papers, submission deadline: 20th March 2004
      4th International Conference on Web Delivering of Music, WEDELMUSIC 2004
      Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
      13th-15th September 2004

Call for participation
      3rd Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK, Munich, March 2004
      MPEG AHG on Music Notation Requirements
      13-14 of March 2004, Munich, Germany

Announcement of co-location of
      4th Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK
      Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
      14th-16th September 2004

Cheers,
Paolo Nesi, Jaime Delgado, Kia Ng

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Call for Papers
4th International Conference on Web Delivering of Music, WEDELMUSIC 2004
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
13th-15th September 2004

http://www.upf.edu/wedelmusic2004/ http://www.wedelmusic.org/

Content distribution is presently not anymore limited to music and is
becoming more
cross media oriented. New distribution models for old and new content
formats are
opening new paths: i-TV, mobile phones, PDAs, etc. The development of the
Internet
technologies introduces strong impact on system architectures and business
processes. New national and international regulations, policies and market
evolution are
constraining the distribution mechanisms. Novel distribution models,
development
and application of pervasive computing and multimedia strongly influence
this multi-
disciplinary field. The need of content control and monitoring is demanding
effective
Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions integrated with sustainable
business and
transaction models. These technologies impact on the production and
modelling of
cross media content.

WEDELMUSIC-2004 aims to explore these major topics in cross media field, to
address
novel approaches for distributing content to larger audiences, providing
wider access
   and encouraging broader participation. The impact of these developments
on cultural
heritage is also considered, together with their availability to people
with limited access to content.

The conference is open to all the enabling technologies behind these
problems. We
are promoting discussion and interaction among researchers, practitioners,
developers,
final users, technology transfer experts, and project managers.

Topics

Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:

--Protection formats and tools for music
--Transaction models for delivering music, Business models for publishers
--Copyright ownership protection
--Digital Rights Management
--High quality Audio Coding
--Watermarking techniques for various media types
--Formats and models for distribution
--Music manipulation and analysis, transcoding, etc..
--Music and tools for impaired people - Braille
--Publishers and distributors servers
--Cross media delivery on multi-channel systems, mobile, i-TV, PDAs,
Internet, etc.
--Automatic cross media content production
--MPEG-4, MPEG-7 and MPEG-21
--Viewing and listening tools for music
--Music editing and manipulation
--Music education techniques
--Content based retrieval
--Conversion and digital adaptation aspects, techniques and tools
--Music imaging, music sheet digitalisation,
--Solutions for cultural heritage valorisation

see for other topics the web site.

Research Papers

Papers should describe original and significant work in the research and
practice
of the main topics listed above. Research case studies, applications and
experiments
are particularly welcome. Papers should be limited to approx. 2000-5000 words
(8 pages) in length. Of the accepted paper, 8 pages will be published in
the conference
proceedings. The conference proceedings book will be published by the IEEE
Computer
Society.

Industrial Papers

Proposals for papers and reports of Applications and Tools are also welcome.
These may consist of experiences from actual utilisation of tools or
industrial
practice and models. Proposals will be reviewed by the Industrial members
of the
Program Committee. Papers should be limited to approx. 1000-2500 words (4
pages)
   in length. Of the accepted paper, 4 pages will be published in the
conference
proceedings.

Submissions

All submissions and proposals should be written in English following the IEEE
format and submitted in PDF format via email to

wedelmusic04-submission@altair.upf.edu

by 20 March 2004.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
4th Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
14th-16th September 2004

More details and the call for contribution will appear on:
http://www.interactivemusicnetwork.org

After the 3rd Open Workshop as described in the following section

The access is free of charge, supported by the European Commission.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Call for PARTICIPATION
3rd Open Workshop MUSICNETWORK, Munich, March 2004
MPEG AHG on Music Notation Requirements
13-14 of March 2004, Munich, Germany

http://www.interactivemusicnetwork.org
http://www.dsi.unifi.it/~nesi/mpeg/MUSICNETWORK-OW-March-2004-Description-v1-4-clean.htm
http://www.dsi.unifi.it/~nesi/mpeg/ahg-mn-65-66.html

located at:
Technische Universität München, Germany: http://www.mpeg-68.de/location.php

The Open Workshop of MUSICNETWORK is at its third edition. The modeling
ofmusic
notation/representation is a complex problem. Music representation can be used
for several different purposes: entertainment, music education, infotainment,
music archiving and retrieval, music querying, music production, music
profiling,
   etc. In the current Internet and Multimedia age many other applications are
strongly getting the market attention and most of them will become more
diffuse
of the present applications in short time. End users have discovered the
multimedia
experience, and thus, the traditional music models are going to be replaced by
their integration with multimedia, audio visual, cross media. At present,
there is
   a lack of Music Notation/Representation standard integrated with
multimedia. The
aim of this workshop is to make a further step to arrive at standardizing a
Music
Notation/Representation Model and Decoder integrated into the MPEG
environment,
that presently can be regarded as the most active and powerful set of standard
formats for multimedia consumers.

The topics of the workshop are related mainly focused on:

--Music Notation/Representation requirements
--Music Protection and Distribution
--Music Description and its usage on Archive Query

Please Contribute with your work on the above topics, for details see the
www site
of the workshop.

The access is be free of charge, supported by the European Commission.
PLEASE MAKE THE REGISTRATION ON THE WWW OF THE MUSICNETWORK.