17.598 evaluating Internet resources for the humanities

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 05:46:49 EST

<x-flowed>
                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

         Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:31:24 +0000
         From: Michael Fraser <mike.fraser@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
         Subject: Re: 17.594 evaluating Internet resources for the humanities?

> Does anyone know whether a list of the most important sites about
evaluating
> internet resources for the humanities exists? I'm searchin' whatever about
> Shakespeare and internet world

You might want to have a look at the Resource Discovery Network's Virtual
Training Suite which has a series of online tutorials all about evaluating
Web resources - the humanities ones are listed at
http://www.humbul.ac.uk/vts/

In addition, Humbul's cataloguing guidelines include some pointers to
starting points for evaluating web sites -
http://www.humbul.ac.uk/about/catalogue.html#evaluating and our collection
development policy might be of interest as an example of how this process
can be formalised (http://www.humbul.ac.uk/about/colldev.html)

There's also just under a 100 sites chosen for inclusion in Humbul with
something to do with Shakespeare
(http://www.humbul.ac.uk/search/search2.php?keyword=shakespeare).
Suggestions for others are always welcome.

Michael

---
Dr Michael Fraser
Head of Humbul Humanities Hub