17.538 sapm and sbjucet fleids (from Humanist, honest)

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 05:48:14 EST

<x-flowed>
                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

   [1] From: "Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett" <bkg@nyu.edu> (9)
         Subject: Spam trivia

   [2] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk> (42)
         Subject: spahm peotry

         Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:01:18 +0000
         From: "Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett" <bkg@nyu.edu>

Bit of trivia ...
   Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
   in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is
   taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be
   a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is
   bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a
   wlohe.

Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett
New York University