17.443 taking exception to taking exception to popups

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 05:25:38 EST

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: Humanist <dgants@rogers.com> (20)
             Subject: FW: Re Techne / reply to T Orlandi

       [2] From: Stewart Arneil <sarneil@uvic.ca> (17)
             Subject: Re: 17.435 taking exception to pop-ups

             Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:12:23 +0000
             From: Humanist <dgants@rogers.com>

    ------ Forwarded Message
    From: Hypermedia Joyce Studies <hypermedia_joyce@yahoo.co.uk>
    Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:24:04 +0000 (GMT)
    To: humanist@Princeton.EDU

    Dear Mr Orlandi and Humanist list members,

    JAMES JOYCE, HYPERTEXT & TECHNOLOGY which I sent to the list last week--I
    must say that I am unaware of any possible problem with multiple windows
    launching as a consequence of linking to the authhor's website
    www.geocities.com/louis_armand/techne.html
    <http://www.geocities.com/louis_armand/techne.html> The site is a
    conventional geocities free site with a single, small, pop-up
    advertisement. Whilst I am sorry for any difficulty encountered by Mr
    Orlandi, I should not wish those who may have an interest in this book to
    be discouraged from viewing the site--which contains basic ordering &
    bibliographical details, as well as an extract from the book's preface. If
    anyone, however, does encounter problems of the variety described by Mr
    Orlandi, I suggest they direct their concerns directly to Yahoo! Geocities.

    Regards,

    Louis Armand